Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Putting the mix back in COMICS!

Hey!

Here's my first official blog for blogger.com.
By that, i mean that all the previous posts were copy-pasted from my Myspace blog.
Don't laugh!

Anyways.

I have been stricken with insomnia and unemployment for almost 2 months now, and as any person with half a brain might expect, i have lots and lots of time to think about everything and nothing.

Also, an unclean amount of free time to browse the intamaweb, re-re-read all my favorite comics, re-play video games, and complain about lots of shit.

All of this, gives me material to write on this here blog. So, without further delay, here's what i came here to ''talk'' about.

FIRST!
Does anybody still enjoy reading comics, or do they buy them so that they can bitch about everything in it with their online forumial community?
I have been browsing several forums lately, and geeeeeez is there a lot of people unhappy with the current state of comics!
If you don't like today's comics, just buy back issues already!

I, for instance, am not very difficult with comics. Maybe because i like them. Maybe because i LOVE them. Maybe because i don't stop every page to think about what makes sense and not, or how i would have handled the development of the story.

I just take it like it is.

Don't get me wrong, i don't like everything about every comic i read. There's some stuff that i don't like, and some comics that let me down. When that happens, i don't get the title anymore.

But i am a big believer of second chance.

Wich is why i am going to give Spider-Man's ''A Brand New Day'' a try.

I understand why a lot of people would be angry about this. Totally erasing Spidey's continuity of the past... what, 20 years?
But let's be honest, most of it was not very memorable anyways. What i am a little bit frustrated about is Spidey's idendity is secret once again. I thought that this turn in Civil War was cool, and giving the character a brand new direction.

What i think is really funny is that, a lot of people online that have been bitching about ''Brand New Day'' are the same that have been bitching about any Spidey change for the past 2-3 years since i've read their posts. Why are you pissed? It's back to BEFORE they made all the changes that you hate so much!

A little bit about DC now.
I am just now starting to read DC comics, being somewhat of a marvel zombie and marvel fan since as long as i can remember.
Black Adam is what sucked me in, and now i like to read the classic Batmans and Booster Gold.
I am looking forward to all the villain-related issues they will release soon enough.
But what i really want to say is that, i bow to DC.
I bow to them, for creating such a hype about their COUNTDOWN series.
And i bow to them because their idea is so stupid, it's genius.

Invert the issue numbers.
I mean, instead of going 1-2-3-4, the issues go 4-3-2-1.
Undoubtedly creating a sense of urgency and importance.
Genius.



Well, this lack of sleep and brain activity is really imparing my ability to formulate sentences based on thoughts inhabiting my brain.
I think it's time for me to stop this blog.

Hopefully someone somewhere understood something.

No comments:

Post a Comment