Friday, May 22, 2009

New Star Trek

So i was sitting in the theaters, in front of an Imax screen, my girlfriend next to me.
I'm not a big fan of Star Trek, but just the fact that my girlfriend was watching this was an achievement in itself.

Opening sequence. A space battle over a planet. The camera pans down to show us the chaos raging. My girlfriend leans towards me an whispers: ''That shot is cool!''

I lean back slowly, and whisper back: ''It's cooler in Star Wars III''
I am of course refering to this:


I rest my back on my chair, satisfied. She looks at me with questions marks in her eyes, and i think: ''Thank you, Star Trek. Now she will watch the episodes with me for sure''.

And that's what it felt like the whole movie. Like they tried to make Star Trek feel like Star Wars.

Like my said friend, however: ''Sorry, no lightsabers. You lose. Bye.''

No comments:

Post a Comment