Thursday, June 18, 2009

Madman Comics!

Hello everyone!

So, as you can see from my father's previous blog, we've both been busy to my brother's needs.
Poor little bugger got in a car accident 2 days after his 20th birthday, and apparently if he had been in anything else than the car he was in (Land Rover i think), he could have been cut in half.

So, good job Land Rover!

However, since my bro is stuck in the hospital, I've finally been able to make him read comics.
He's never been interested in them at all, but he really liked the show Heroes.

My first pick for him was Astonishing X-Men, by Joss Whedon. I just finished it, and it was great. I thought... everybody likes X-men, here's a critically acclaimed book, and on top of that, it was written by someone that wrote tv shows.
He thought it was stupid at first, but kept reading, and really liked it at the end. He asked for Volume 2, wich i don't own yet.


I recently just started buying online again, wich i promised myself i would never do again, seeing how i maxed out my credit card buying Elfic Dice and Super-Hero statues...

But then, I discovered Amazon. How can the books be so cheap!

I've since started a crusade, ordering dozens of TPBs and HCs a month, from all companies.

And i discovered this:



Madman Comics.

The dude's from Snapcity, fights with yoyos, slingshots and disc-guns.

He's portrayed in vivid colors, drawn amazingly, and has the innocence of San Goku.

You have to understand... Madman is timeless. I could have been reading this 10 years ago, or i could have discovered this 10 years from now, and I'd still have a crush on him.

There is a certain feelings that settles on my shoulders when I'm reading the comics. Like an ancient Owl telepathicly inducing my brains will all of my most cherised childhood memories that i thought lost forever.
There's a certain honesty, style, innocence permeating from the pages and the vibrant colors that anyone with an open mind can enjoy.

I suggest you get Volume 1, give it a try. I'll never regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment