Saturday, June 27, 2009

My cat's a whore

Every morning i get up, and both my cats are at my feet.

They are purring, they are meowing, they are rubbing slowly and intently against my bare legs.
Rocjy'll take nips at my ankles, and Willow will get up on her rear legs, reach for my hands and try to lick my fingers.

And then i feed them mushy food, and all is over. They leave me alone. I start the coffee machine, take a shower (yeah right), eat and/or head to work.

But then i get home, and she's there...

Letting go of a fat, affectionate, intentionate purr.
Half-squinted eyes...
She throws herself on her back, and starts to stretch all four.
Then she might arch her head and try to take a glimpse at me,
or will lick her neck fur-coat, desperate for affection.

And frankly, it's disgusting.

I feel like she's a dirty whore, trying to get all the attention she can get.

You have to understand that we found these cats in the country.
They were stay-away kittens rummaging the farm land in search for sustenance when we found 'em, kit'nap 'em and proceeded to save them from their fleece curse.

So she owes me and my girlfriend her life. She might be trying to express gratitude for the gesture, i don't know.

I just can't communicate with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment