Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Night end of the earth

Hello hello young and old denizens of the under-web, welcome to a much ignored corner of the virtua-web.

I was just listening to a bunch of songs while walking and thinking of getting drunk, and I stumbled upon this song:



Common Rider - Where the Waves are Highest


I remember buying that split because I was really into Against All Authority, and I also liked to find shit that looked rare. I was more into buying demos and live albums than real albums. I think it's because they were harder to find, and with my comics collecting background, it's the sort of thing that gives me boners.

Anyways. I remember putting the cd on and being hit with that song, and just falling in love with it right away. It was far from the kind of punk I was listening to in those days, but it hit home on the first word.

And when it surprised me 10 minutes ago on the street, the same wave hit me again, about 5 years later. I loved the feeling.

Maybe that's what I'm chasing these days by getting back all the old albums I used to listen to in my room during highschool. My grades were bad pretty much the whole time, just enough to pass, and that would piss off my parents, so they'd ground me hoping I'd do homework.

Instead I just listened to all these albums, read the lyrics, learn them, smoke a joint out the window... sneak out the window.

Those were good times, different than the good times of today.

I guess I'm looking for the pieces of nostalgia I hid away in all these songs growing up?

No comments:

Post a Comment