Monday, December 3, 2007

A lazy attempt at comic blog part 1.

Original post: 21 Jan 2007

Well, i'm bored on a sunday afternoon, and just finished reading a bunch of comics. I always read Brian Labelle's blogs, and am somewhat anvious of his easy-going writing style.

Figured... if i wanna get better at writing, gotta start now, right?

I'll start with something that might remind you of my first blog, "things i hate". I'll call it, "Things i hate about comics".

Don't get me wrong, i freakin' love comics. I'd have sex with one if i wasn't afraid to get paper cuts on my fleshy ornament.

Well, first things first, what the FUCK is that independent music add doing right in the middle of my comic book? This surely can't help the CGC grade and is a horrific mood breaker as i get intimate with my life-companion.

I like to underline and bold and italic words. It's fun.

Seconds things... second, in about a year i found not one, not two, but three Marvel comics with pages completely fucked up inside. One issue basically didn't have staples and the pages just fell off to the ground. It felt like a wound. The other two issues contained pages that were simply torn up. Like an freakish apendicite scar in my comic book collection. I heard a rumor last year that Marvel is using a dictionnary's stapler machine to bind their comics, and i don't know what to think about that.

BUT, on the other hand, Civil War is fucking great. I'm spending from 50 to 400$ a month on comics, and it feels good! And for those that would say that i'm crazy for spending so much money on comics, well, aren't we all crazy? I used to spend that much money on pot, and i stopped at 19 so that i could afford my comics. Spider-Man helped me quit drugs, literally. You can look at that old issue of Spider-Man drawn by McFarlane where he talks to kids about drugs, and you would understand everything about me. Just look at the cover. Would you smoke that cover? Nah!

I've always been a sucker for Marvel Annuals, trying to collect every issue of Evolutionary Wars and the likes. Onslaught is a bitch to find, by the way. And for the first time in my life, i have the means to afford something like that, and it is actually taking place in the present. Plus, it's the biggest cross-over EVER, with ramifications and consequences "that will hopefully be felt for the next ten years", to quote Joe Queseda. I'd be in freakin' HEAVEN, if such a thing existed.

This is getting long and i don't know if it's interesting, so i'll stop this here. That's why it's called Part 1 anyways. On a finishing note, my favourite issue of the whole Civil War arc would probably be Civil War #3.

Well, excelsior, 'nuff said and all that!

No comments:

Post a Comment