Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To my defense



To answer my dad's last post, i will be perfectly honest.
I reacted slowly and poorly to his shot.
I suck at breakaways and get nervous.

Now for my defense, here are a few stats:

My father is in his 50s, has been playing hockey for most of his life, has also been in leagues for most of his life playing at least once a week and is a cherry picker (granted he plays with people half his age so i get it that he doesn't want to sprint everywhere like a mad man).

I'm 24, been playing street hockey since i'm 22, been ice goalie and skating altogether since... well... around the start of January.

So you might understand that i did not have a really good chance at stopping this puck from hitting the back of the net.

You might think that i did not cover my angles right, was not watching the right part of the body, was not mentally prepared nor confident enough to make the save.
And you would be absolutely right!

In the meanwhile, let me just say this:

Hockey's friggin' great. I've been watching it more and more seriously for the past few years, been playing it more and more regularly also.
The few times a month i get to play, is also the few times a month i get to see many of my friends, do some outdoors activity, and downright have some good, manly fun.
Oh, and also enjoy nature.

Here's a few pictures of where we play:






And i know the name of this blog is Montréal Comics but we don't talk a lot about comics, but my reading habits have changed a lot since 2006 where i was most active. I do however plan on going back to my monthly reviews of as many titles as i can afford, so watch out for January reviews anytime soon.

See you on the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment