Monday, March 8, 2010

NOthing

Spring's here and I can smell it.
Or is it all the dog poop uncovering?

Used to be that we'd have ice from November to the end of March.
I started playing hockey too late. At 25. During global warming.

So my season lasted from the beginning of January to the end of February. I was getting good at ice skating too, so i'm sad that i won't be able to practice anymore. I could brake on both sides real hard, and I can make sharp turns on my comfortable side, even cross-skate.

Maybe i'll buy some rollerskates, and prance around.

Cause that's what you do when you have roller skates. You prance. On asphalt. With cars rapidly going by, and old ladies in your way. And dogs barking at you.

But you get to look really cool and move effortlessly, probably while wearing awesome sunglasses.

You really need the sunglasses though. Because you can't let them know. You can't.
They can't see.
They can't see the fear.

The streets of montreal are as defaced as the surface of the moon, or as the craterous face of a pulpous teenager. One moment of distraction, and you're sent flying headfirst into cheese-gratter pavement.

The face-raper.

I can already see it. Just like those fire adds with that scarred woman. My face. No lips, no nose anymore. One eye is missing, a dark gap is taking its place.

My skull is deformed. One part of it is perfectly flat, the place where the initial impact occured.

And besides, I used to skateboard. My mind has been fully influenced to think that roller skates are gay.

No comments:

Post a Comment