Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Video Games Update!

Hey!
Haven't been here for a while.

So since the last update, I bought Modern Warfare 2, Dragon Age, MAG, Greed Corp...

Modern Warfare: Bandwagon extravaganza!
I played Modern Warfare 1 a lot on the internet, so i knew i was gonna be sick of the 2nd one really fast. I still bought it, for 30$ from a guy at work because it is in french.
The missions are really cool, the multiplayer is horrendously fast, arcady, and addictive, but my favorite mode is Spec Ops. Basicaly you have a series of short missions that you can finish within a time limit, or within a set difficulty to get different scores, and you can do them with friends.
The multiplayer i found incredibly frustrating... Whenever i'd get killed it seemed like i was just at the wrong place at the wrong time... Someone turning the corner to find me crouching around, and they happily shoot me in the back for an easy kill...

Dragon Age Origins: More of the same!
I played KOTOR 1 & 2 a lot, so i thought i would really enjoy this game. Unfortunately, it did not have the same lasting appeal as the Jedi franchise. I love that kind of game, but i did not even finish the story mode. The reason? Boring fights. I really like the story and the system and the graphics, but the battles just didn't cut it for me... Normal difficulty was too easy, so i upgraded to Hard... which was... too hard... my whole party would die save one character, fighting just normal critters, and when i would reach the boss i wouldn't have any potions left, so i'd have to fight him on easy.

MAG: Socom meets BF2!
I played the Battlefield series a lot, so i knew i would love this game. You don't die of 1 shot, you can't run very fast, it's not too arcady.
The focus of this game is on teamwork and strategy, not to just kill and maim as fast as you can.
For exemple, it's really worth it to put down your gun and start reviving your allies when you're attacking or defending a base... it makes for a violent neverending onslaught.
If your crew doesn't work together though, and 5 guys just decide to leave and help another squad, you really suffer from it...
My favourite game lately!

Greed Corp: pretty but with no personality.
I play a lot of board games so i thought i would enjoy this game a lot.
Suffice to say, it's a very, very basic game, with 1 type of unit, 3 types of buildings, and 1 type of vehicle... and 1 way to win. The missions are okay, the different levels let you think you'll be able to adopt a different strategy than what you usually do, but really you can't...
The multiplayer missions are won by the player that doesn't do any mistakes all game.
Not worth 10$ IMO.

No comments:

Post a Comment